Braces for Adults
Orthodontic treatment is not just for kids. The Canadian Association of Orthodontists cites that 25% of orthodontic patients are over age 21. Now, many adults are looking for orthodontic care. They understand the importance of maintaining their health & function and they want to feel more confident with their appearance. While adults may have similar dental and jaw problems to our younger patients, there may be other considerations such as:
- Teeth that are altered due to gum disease or previous dental treatment
- Missing or broken down teeth
- Teeth with history of abnormal jaw pain
Treatment Options for Adults
Adults may have hesitated in the past on pursuing orthodontic treatment due to concerns over the time commitment, perceived poor aesthetics, worries over pain and how to juggle the costs. However, a straight smile has many benefits:
- Easier to clean; improved gum health; less risk of decay
- Improved appearance and confidence
- Avoiding future dental problems
Patients do not regret having treatment, they only regret not having started earlier and enjoying their new smiles sooner.
Today’s orthodontic treatment options are comfortable, aesthetic, customized and affordable. Certainly, we know that you have many commitments and we strive to have your appointments as convenient as possible.